Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I try daily to focus on the positive. I don't want to be whiny or anything, but it has been a tough couple of months. We moved to a new state. We've lived out of boxes. We've been underemployed. We've had ridiculous amounts of stress to deal with. I broke a tooth and need a root canal. Did I mention that we have no insurance?

So - right or wrong, fair or unfair, I have to say now that I am happier than I have ever been in my life. I am blessed beyond belief. I will now commence to gush.

I owe so much to Cameron. I thank God daily that he blessed me with a GOOD man. We all know that they are few and far between. He is faithful, honest, hardworking, smart, and an amazing father.

I'm thankful for his cooking - we had 3 varieties of ribs tonight: balsamic vinaigrette, honey mustard, AND barbeque.

I'm thankful that he opens my doors and changes my light bulbs.

I'm thankful that when I am sick and in pain, he has patience with me. He stays up with me and brings me cold packs and drinks with straws and blankets and pillows.

I'm thankful that he blessed me with 2 beautiful children. I'm thankful that he shares them and their squishes with me. What could possibly be more precious?

I'm thankful that he motivates me and inspires me to be a better person. I'm thankful that he speaks the truth even when I don't want to hear it. I'm thankful that he encourages my relationship with friends, family, and God. I'm thankful that he shares his positivity with me.

I'm incredibly thankful that before this year is out, I will be his wife. I'm thankful for all the betters and worses and richers and poorers and sickers and healthiers that we've been through together already - and all the ones to come.

**My apologies for the gushiness and all my imaginary words. Thanks for hanging in.

No comments:

Post a Comment