Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I shouldn't still be awake, but since I am - and since it's Thursday - here we go!

I don't even know where to start.

This past weekend was completely amazing and exactly what I needed. Mom and I headed to Macon on Saturday morning. We got a late start, and we were unfortunately *almost* too late for Sara's bridal brunch. We arrived in time to see her open the last of her gifts. The ladies of the First Baptist Church of Macon were gracious hosts and reheated us 3 plates of brunchy-type foods. (Is there anything in this world better than BRUNCH?)

From The Anti-Crafter

Here we are with the bride! (Why am I not wearing earrings??)

Afterwards, there was a quick stop at Cousin Abby's house. I was long overdue to see it. I owe her big time for offering up her home for JJ's bachelorette party. (Any ideas on nice things I could do for her hubby?)

Abby, JJ, Mom, and I went to David's Bridal so that Abby and I could try on dresses. This is the first time since - well, ever - that I have looked forward to trying on dresses. I have curves and stuff. This is exciting beyond words.

Then it was back to JJ's apartment to tie bows around invitations. In case you missed it, I'll say it again - I am the Anti-Crafter. I was hopeless for the first 30 minutes. Thankfully, JRo and BetteJo were there to pick up my slack with their rockingly nimble fingers. JJ's fiance took MMJ down to check out the lake and the "lee-zards". I'm beyond thankful that he was there to babysit for us, and I imagine that he was beyond thankful to get out of tying any of those infernal ribbons!

From The Anti-Crafter

The Boys!

From The Anti-Crafter

The Girls!

From The Anti-Crafter

Me and MMJ - Just because he makes me look good! :)

I am incredibly thankful to have gotten a quality evening of taco salad and red wine with JRo. Our sanity depends on our infrequent visits. I believe that I can probably speak for her too - we've only been using the "royal We" for 9 years or so now. This was mostly courtesy of NeNe. She played puzzles and read and bathed MMJ - as JRo and I sat back, leaned on each other, and breathed huge sighs of relief.

JRo is my inspiration for all things crafty. I racked up big time on this trip - check out the paintings that she made for my new kitchen!

From The Anti-Crafter

Seriously - doesn't she make you sick?

As disappointed as I was to miss the third installment of Man Vs. Wife at church with Cameron, I was still ecstatic to attend JJ's church. I choose my churches based on the music. Going back as far as JRo's guitar playing at the Wesley Foundation, music makes or breaks my worship. Lately, I've been spoiled by Nashville music talent and contemporary-jump around-wave your hands in the air music. It's been difficult for me to adjust back to organs and hymnals. I will say now that I was not expecting to feel the rush of emotion that I did at IBC. The music was amazing. It swept me up. JJ honestly led me in worship on Sunday. I felt a spirit there that was comparable to any church with a 5 piece band and strobe lights. The pastor was funny and genuine, and I look forward to my next visit.

Once the Reverend Bobo (yes - totally his name) wrapped things up, we headed back towards Macon for lunch with my Macon family. It has been entirely too long since we've all been in the same place. We sat on the patio at Cheddar's. It was beautiful outside, and honestly, when we get together, we're a rowdy bunch. I laughed until my stomach hurt.

I'm thankful that my Macon father agreed to walk me down the aisle in September. I know that my father is grinning ear to ear not only because he loves Cameron, but because Joe will be the one to give me away on his behalf. I am thankful that the Johnson's have loved me as one of their own. (I'm actually one of many strays that they have taken in over the years. They're just that kind of family. <3 )

We basked in our happiness and replayed the weekend on the drive home.

Cam and the dogs were so happy to see us. I'm thankful for a man who is not jealous of my need for girl time. I'm thankful for a man who misses me, but encourages me to go anyway.

Last night, Cam and I drove over the mountain to see his sister and her family. They have a new baby, and I held him for well over an hour. I held his little feet in my hands and felt him stretch all his new, growing muscles. I'm also thankful that I handed him off just in time for him to pee all over Cam instead of me. :)

I'm thankful that even though it is slow progress, we are beginning to see a light at the end of the tunnel. The move was expensive and stressful, but worth it. I'm thankful that we are closer to the kids. I'm thankful that I can stay up late into the night baking sugar cookies for the Daddy-Daughter Princess Ball. I'm thankful that I have family to provide hand-me-down princess dresses. I'm thankful that Cam will not only get to go to the ball, but that he will get to go to Tyler's T-Ball practice.

Last, but not least, I am thankful to have had a very encouraging conversation with a fellow about an administrative job that he will be hiring for in the next 6 weeks. I won't say too much about it, partially because I don't know too much about it yet, and partially because it's too early to get excited. God has something in store for me - I just don't know what it is yet. I suppose that I'll be thankful for the unknown as well.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures and the commentary. I love how happy you are. I love that I am able to get this small glimpse into your life...

    ReplyDelete