Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Some days are harder than others.

Today, I worked a double shift. It was my first at the new store. Maybe I was naive to think that I'd come here and make the same money that I was making in Nashville. We've been incredibly blessed to have a place to come to and an unbelievably supportive mother to take care of us in the meantime. C's first check should come in next week. This is good news. We're still waiting for the deposit from the old apartment and his last paycheck from the old job. It's tough. Things are tight. He reminded me tonight, though, that it's always darkest before the dawn. I have to have faith that good things are coming because our motivations are good. Our priorities are in line. God will not give us more than we can handle - and He will provide.

The plan for today was to go and get a new tag for his car so that we can stop borrowing Mom's daily. (Thanks again, Mom!) The plan hit a snag, though, when we realized that one of the tires on my car was SHREDDED. I'm not sure what happened, but it was not going anywhere in that condition. Everything stops if we can't go to work, so that was bumped to the top of the priority list. C and my cousin tried and tried to get the tire off to no avail. C called the local tire place and found out that sometimes the aluminum wheels fuse/meld/get stuck on. He was advised to "bang on it with a hammer 30 or 40 times and then kick it as hard as you can". As strange as it sounds, it worked. My man is the best.

I'm off tomorrow. I'm hoping that his tag will not be terribly expensive - one of the benefits of living in a rural area.

My to do list for tomorrow is off the chain. (Does anyone still say that?) Mom and I were going to go look at houses, but I think that I need to research other job possibilities tomorrow. Blah.

On a much happier note, C is going to get to take Des to a Daddy-Daughter dance for Valentine's day. Regardless of any inconveniences and stress, this move has been the right one. We're so much closer to them. He can be so much more involved. It's all about them.

1 comment:

  1. On a much happier note, everything on here LOOKS FABULOUS!! OMG!!

    ReplyDelete